Saturday, February 20, 2010

proverbial ride

On the proverbial ride again- down and up, and down again
eyes lit up, now dark instead
they say you learn- you deserve better
loss incurred, analysed, I'm victimised-
with all your guidance and advice
"you'll be ok, you'll learn" i just hurt
no one wants to to see you lie in dirt
thinking about my failures affects their comfort
my rise ensures their prize- smokescreen of happiness
its not ok not to be ok...

write, write, then again write
and keep enjoying your consolation prize
no one gets what they deserve- just enough
enough to get by
enough leverage to justify
ups and downs, up...and down again
chasing that moment of zen

on the proverbial ride there are no easy routes
some expect more and receive less, they fail
some expect less, receive whats coming to them
and wonder why they didnt expect more- they fail
we're all on the same fragile trail
pick a route,
choose a belief,
weapon of choice,
moments of grace,
bury me, then replace me

now- make a chorus for me:
he's on the proverbial ride-
i hurt, you care
i die, you cry
i love, you leave.

No comments: