Tuesday, January 6, 2009

smiling all the way down

you threw your arms around me
held back the parting tears,
gave me that beautiful but hesistant kiss
as usual, clinging on to your fears
you need not be
if you stayed with me

the suitcase perched on the metal bench
like a hobo who grew attached to it
painful, lonely, but comfortable
maybe i was the real hobo
attached to a dark curly-haired amber
destined for a runaway train

the train coming to rush you to the red land
but on one perfectly still night your soul took my hand
so I believed you,
no checking whether the pool was full
blinded by your amber,
I dove in...all candour

the train hitched you, hobo suitcase detached
leaving behind the promises you requested of me
which i still keep,
like an innocent boy parting with his soon to be estranged father
"mum, he'll be back right, i'll write to him everyday"

and I just leaped
the wind in my hear, smiling all the way down
the hypocricy of your intimacy
still, i'm smiling all the way down

No comments: